Quote

A Girl Should Be Two Things: Classy & Fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Labels

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scuba Diving Racha Yai

One thing I was excited to do in Thailand was go scuba diving! It's not very often that I get to scuba dive and I had heard that Thailand was one of the top places in the world to do it. I told everyone in the group to get certified before our trip so we could all go. Regardless of what any of them did... I was going. Daniel was the only one that ended up getting certified before we left so we were both pumped to go! Ellis ended up coming with us and doing "Discover Scuba" which is a crash course on scuba diving and you stay with your own Dive Master the whole time (which is why he isn't in many of our pictures. It ended up being a little rainy while we were there, but we were still able to go. We were pumped!


The ride to Racha Yai island (where we were going to be scuba diving) was a couple of hours, but it was beautiful. The water is a beautiful teal color and so clear and the islands are so lush and green with jungles that meet the beach. What a beautiful place.



When we got to Racha Yai, all of our stuff was put in a bag, but we had to put all of our equipment together and get our wetsuits on and then we were ready to get into the water.





Despite the rainy and overcast weather, the water was really warm (70's) and very clear. Daniel and I ended up getting our own Dive Master to show us around the waters of Racha Yai. He was also awesome and took pictures of us and things we saw on our dive. I had my GoPro and got awesome video, but the pictures are not as great... so I'm using our Dive Master's pictures.

We did two different dives and ate lunch in between. Both dives were beautiful, my second dive was a little more comfortable, not only because I was more used to scuba after not going in a year and a half... but also because my mask was tighter so it wasn't leaking the second dive. There was so many beautiful fish! I thought of my cousin's Trav and Dave and their salt water tanks and how some of these fish would be awesome in their tanks. They would have loved it. Here are some of the cool things we saw on our dives.








Daniel and I had a blast... and our Dive Master was awesome. I love scuba diving. Not only is it discovering this new world that hardly anyone sees... but it is so peaceful. There is no talking... the only noise you hear is the sound of your breathing. The slow weightless motion through the water is so relaxing. There are so many interesting things to look at. Scuba Diving is awesome.






Post dive smiles. We are so happy that we went! What an experience!



3 comments:

Gary said...

Tracy, you are an IT girl. What a wonder trip with such great things to do and see. More and more I'm beginning to understand jealous.

Lori said...

Totally Awesome Tracy! A once in life time :) Rad pictures!

jamie hixon said...

How awesome is that?? What an unforgettable experience.